No matter how comfortable cars become, nothing beats a chance to ride the open road on a motorcycle. There is just a certain sense of freedom and daring that can not be found anywhere else. Here are ten roads that are great for touring from the back of a bike.
- Arkansas Highway 23
- Maine State Route 201 a.k.a the Benedict Arnold Highway
- Natchez Trace Parkway
- Arizona Route 15
- New York Route 47
- California State Route 1 a.k.a. Pacific Coast Highway
- Route 66
- Nevada State 375 a.k.a. The Extraterrestrial Highway
- New Hampshire State Road 112 a.k.a The Kancamagus Highway
- US-550 a.k.a The Million Dollar Highway
These highways all offer interesting terrain changes, great scenery, and some are closed to commercial traffic making for a great ride. There are small hotels along the way for when you go numb from the butt down. Just remember: you must have motorcycle insurance to ride in any of these states – it’s the law.