This weekend, AMA Pro Racing crowned its champion road-racers for the 2010 season at Barber Motorsports Park outside of Birmingham, Alabama.
- AMA SuperBike Champion: Josh Hayes (Team Graves Yamaha)
- AMA Daytona SportBike Champion: Martin Cardenas (M4 Monster Energy Suzuki)
If you are unaware how the classes work, SuperBike is the 1000cc (literbike) machines, while Daytona SportBike is fielded by 600cc machines. The championship victory by Josh Hayes breaks a years-long winning streak in AMA SuperBike by Suzuki teams. Amazingly enough, Hayes, unlike his competitors, did not employ traction-control for most of his racing season! On Sunday’s final day of racing, however, Team Graves Yamaha did activate a slight degree of traction control to assist Hayes under the wet racing conditions.
- AMA SuperSport Champion: Tyler O’Hara
- AMA SuperSport “Young Gun” Champion: Austin DeHaven
- Vanes & Hines XR1200 Champion: Danny Eslick
The XR1200 championship series will be one to watch for the 2011 season. To see these Harley-Davidson machines road-racing is a blast. Hopefully more of the XR1200 races will be televised next year. To insure your XR1200 before hitting the track, visit our Harley-Davidson insurance page.